CENTUM research & technology, part of CENTUM Group, was founded in 2010 with the following vision: Fly with a purpose. Our mission is to develop and market aeronautical mission systems in the fields of Emergency, Security, Defense and Aerospace.
Our products are based on cutting-edge technology developed by a highly qualified team of engineers. We design solutions that allow aeronautical platforms to not just fly, but to fly with a purpose.
The goal of our business is clear: to improve people’s lives. We work to develop innovative solutions adapted to the world’s needs so we can make society a safer place to live from efficiently finding missing people to facilitating communications in critical scenarios.
At CENTUM research & technology, we are a team of specialized engineers with more than 10 years of experience in fields like digital signal processing, mobile communications, and software defined radio.
About the role
We are looking for a System Architect with expertise in software design and development, avionics, and information technology field to join our team. The System Architect will play a crucial role in designing and overseeing the development of our advances avionics products. This role involves collaboration with cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineers, and product owners to create scalable and high-performing systems.
- Lead the design and system architecture of software-based avionics products.
- Lead the engineering team to define system requirements and functional specifications. Mentor and guide the team in implementing architectural solutions.
- Create architectural blueprints and documentation.
- Ensure that architectural designs are consistent with aerospace industry best practices and standards and are scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Work closely with Product Owner to align system architecture with product roadmaps.
- Facilitate technical discussions and decision-making processes within the engineering team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong expertise in system engineering and software design.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in system or software engineering, ideally within the aerospace industry.
- Strong expertise in software design patterns, microservices architecture, and distributed systems.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and technologies (e.g., C++, Python).
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Familiarity with Software Defined Radio products and development environments is a plus.
- Methodical and organized person.
- Abstract thinking. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills, capable of conveying complex ideas clearly and effectively.
- Use to work in a dynamic and flexible environment.
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with the design of RF systems in any of the following fields: electronic warfare, radar, spectrum sensing or communications is preferred.