CENTUM research & technology, part of CENTUM Group, was founded in 2010 with the following vision: Fly with a purpose. Our mission is to develop and market aeronautical mission systems in the fields of Emergency, Security, Defense and Aerospace.
Our products are based on cutting-edge technology developed by a highly qualified team of engineers. We design solutions that allow aeronautical platforms to not just fly, but to fly with a purpose.
The goal of our business is clear: to improve people’s lives. We work to develop innovative solutions adapted to the world’s needs so we can make society a safer place to live from efficiently finding missing people to facilitating communications in critical scenarios.
At CENTUM research & technology, we are a team of specialized engineers with more than 10 years of experience in fields like digital signal processing, mobile communications, and software defined radio.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Backend SW Engineer to join our team and contribute to the success of our aeronautical projects. As a Backend SW Engineer, you will participate in the design, specification and development of software for current and future products of the company and of different R+D+i projects in which the company is involved.
- Your main responsibility will be the development of software according to design specifications.
- You will participate in the design of software architectures for new SDR platforms.
- You will have autonomy in making decisions regarding the implementation of functionalities and characteristics of the software system and architecture.
- Together with the rest of the team, you will support the present and future product and system design phases.
- You will participate in the improvement of the company's development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong proficiency developing SW with Python Django.
- Experience developing on platforms based on Linux operating systems.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position.
- We are looking for a result driven self-starter with great communication and collaboration skills; we put a lot of emphasis on being great team players.
- Methodical and organized person.
- Use to work in a dynamic and flexible environment.
- Autonomy and responsibility.
- Ability to take on new challenges.
- Programming skills, experience working on Linux systems.
- Advanced English level: It is the day-by-day language for engaging international partners.
- Technology-oriented: Our products are based on high-tech solutions, and we would like that you feel comfortable working for systems for rescuing missing people based on mobile geolocation.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full-time, permanent contract
- 24 vacation days + 24th and 31th December + Public Holidays
- Free Friday afternoons and summer afternoons.
- Flexibility to work some days from home.
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (ticket restaurant, transport tickets, nursery tickets)
- Permanent internal training + your own budget for external training (500€)
- Team-building activities
- Work with the latest technologies + Career progress opportunities