Be part of something big. Be part of Centum.
CENTUM research & technology, part of CENTUM Group, was founded in 2010 with the following vision: Fly with a purpose. Our mission is to develop and market aeronautical mission systems in the fields of Emergency, Security, Defense and Aerospace. Our products are based on cutting-edge technology developed by a highly qualified team of engineers. We design solutions that allow aeronautical platforms to not just fly, but to fly with a purpose.
The goal of our business is clear: to improve people’s lives. We work to develop innovative solutions adapted to the world’s needs so we can make society a safer place to live from efficiently finding missing people to facilitating communications in critical scenarios.
At CENTUM research & technology, we are a team of specialized engineers with more than 10 years of experience in fieldslike digitalsignal processing, mobile communications, and software defined radio.
About the role:
We are looking for an FPGA Engineer to join our Development team. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with our RF and software engineers to interface with high-speed data converters, implement real time digital waveforms, and control RF hardware. You will be responsible for building, testing, deploying, and maintaining firmware for aircraft payload hardware.
As a part of this multidisciplinary team, you will also help specify these hardware components.
This role will be focused on design, architect, and implement waveforms and DSP algorithms using VHDL or Verilog targeting Software Defined Radio (SDR) hardware. Firmware development is applied to high complexity and high throughput implementations with a focus on VHDL, code re-use, system integration, FPGA IP Core development and product test/support while leveraging advancements in SoCs, synthesis tools and SDR hardware.
• Implementation of DSP/waveform algorithms from MATLAB/C++ model in VHDL
• MATLAB/C++ fixed-point modeling of DSP and wireless comms algorithms.
• Design and develop digital logic IP cores (serial interface blocks, timing blocks, state
machines, control algorithms, digital signal processing algorithms, etc.) for FPGAs
using Verilog and/or VHDL.
• Design and develop interfaces between FPGAs and off-chip peripherals.
• Setup simulations and test benches to validate IP core functionality.
• Debug FPGA designs on hardware in a lab setting.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a relevant field.
• Strong proficiency with VHDL for both synthesis and verification.
• A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment
and hands-on design and development.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and testing high throughput systems
implemented on FPGAs.
• Experience with modern communication systems (RF, IF/IQ, time/frequency domains,
modulation, digital predistortion, etc.)
• Expertise in at least 1 domain beyond just logic design. This could be DSP/radio design, software, etc.
• Experience with Xilinx SoCs/FPGAs.
• Familiarity with Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale architecture.
• Experience with Vivado IDE & TCL toolchain.
• We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic, and customer oriented team players.
• Advanced English level is a must: It is the day-by-day language for engaging
• Methodical and organized person.
• Use to work in a dynamic and flexible environment.
• Autonomy and responsibility.
• Ability to take on new challenges.
• Competitive compensation plan
• Variable Bonus according to our company goals
• Full-time, permanent contract
• 23 vacation days + 24th and 31th December + Public Holidays
• Free Friday afternoons
• July & August (free afternoons!)
• Flexibility to work some days from home
• Other benefits paid from the gross salary (ticket restaurant, transport
• Permanent internal training + your own budget for external training (500€)
• Team-building activities
• Work with the latest technologies + Career progress opportunities
- Software Engineering
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
our culture & our aim
Our culture is based on our aim to create awesome high-tech products and, at the same time, to develop an awesome team with strong common values in order to be happy and successful together.
About Centum Research and Technology
CENTUM research and technology is part of CENTUM group, was founded in 2010 with a clear vision: “Fly with a purpose”.
Our mission is to develop and market aeronautical mission systems in the fields of emergency and security, maximizing results in operations like search and rescue, maritime surveillance, firefighting, emergency communications, and border control.
Our products are based on cutting-edge technology developed by a highly qualified engineering team, with a clear purpose, improve people’s lives.
Be part of something big. Be part of Centum.
Loading application form
Already working at Centum Research and Technology?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.